Finance Manager – Supply Chain Enterprise in Côte d’Ivoire
|Entreprise||Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership||Lieu||OdiennÃ©, CÃ´te dâIvoire (Côte d'Ivoire)|
|Type de contrat||CDD|
|Fonction :||Gestion / Comptabilité / Finance|
Reporting/Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Odienné, Côte d’Ivoire
Contract: Employee following trial period
Travel: Up to 25% local travel
Following a successful pilot in 2016, RMG Concept and the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP) are launching a farmer services & aggregation (supply chain) enterprise, Acceso LORFOL targeting soybean and maize smallholder farmers in Côte d’Ivoire. Acceso means “access” in Spanish and is the brand of CGEP’s social enterprises around the world. LORFOL means “prosperity” in Senoufo, the language spoken in northern Côte d’Ivoire. This enterprise will support up to 10,000 smallholder farmers through targeted input packages on credit, training and aggregation and quality control of harvest for sale to large buyers.
The financial manager is responsible for all Acceso LORFOL accounting and financial activities.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of duties that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Perform all financial and accounting duties including maintenance of general ledger, fund accounting, cost accounting, payroll, fixed assets and debt service for business activities and special projects;
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations pertaining to banking, accounts receivable, liabilities, revenues, and expenses to ensure transactions are properly recorded and to ensure that funds are balanced;
- Maintain up to date detailed projections for all business activities and grants by year for future five years;
- Perform monthly review of all business activities (sales, administration, field operations) and special projects, report on any deviations from budget or projections and recommend corrective measures;
- Perform monthly internal audit of depot inventories reporting on any deviations from reported stock;
- Ensure all accounting operations comply with professional guidelines and local laws and regulations as well as CGEP and RMG policies and procedures;
- Oversee invoicing and tracking system for all sales activities;
- Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures for better management of all business activities;
- Draft comprehensive annual financial report and assist in drafting pre-season, post-planting and pre-harvest reports;
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Required Education, Work Experience & Languages
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or a related field; Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with increasing responsibilities performing financial, accounting and budgetary analyses;
- Auditing, financial analysis, and accounting experience;
- Experience in financial reporting for international group of companies preferred;
- Specialized and advanced knowledge of financial accounting principles and theories, statistical and financial analysis and procedures, and principles, practices, and methods of budget preparation and strategic planning and administration;
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite applications; experience with FarmForce, SAP Business One and Xero a strong plus;
- Oral and written working proficiency in English and French.
- Passion for the cause: poverty alleviation at scale
About RMG Concept
RMG Concept Ltd. (RMG) is involved in crop protection in West & Central Africa and is a leading distributor of crop inputs specifically targeting smallholder farmers. The company has also moved into purchasing crops to create market opportunities for smallholders and provides technical assistance in the field with its partners. RMG holds rights to develop, formulate and distribute the range of Syngenta, Bayer and Dow products in Côte d’Ivoire and fifteen other countries in West & Central Africa including Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sierra Leone, Togo and Senegal. In Côte d’Ivoire, RMG operates an industrial complex in Abidjan to produce liquid and granular products. RMG has always committed to sustainability and clean industries and has received the Excellence Prize of the President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire for the least polluting industrial plant in the country.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Cote d’Ivoire Finance Manager