Operations Manager – Supply Chain Enterprise in Côte d’Ivoire
|Entreprise||Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership||Lieu||OdiennÃ©, CÃ´te dâIvoire (Côte d'Ivoire)|
|Type de contrat||CDD|
|Fonction :||Logistique / Transport|
Reporting/Supervisor: General Manager
Location: Odienné, Côte d’Ivoire
Contract: Employee following trial period
Travel: Up to 75% local travel
Acceso LORFOL Following a successful pilot in 2016, RMG Concept and the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP) are launching a farmer services & aggregation (supply chain) enterprise, Acceso LORFOL targeting soybean and maize smallholder farmers in Côte d’Ivoire. Acceso means “access” in Spanish and is the brand of CGEP’s social enterprises around the world. LORFOL means “prosperity” in Senoufo, the language spoken in northern Côte d’Ivoire. This enterprise will support up to 10,000 smallholder farmers through targeted input packages on credit, training and aggregation and quality control of harvest for sale to large buyers.
Position Description The operations manager is responsible for all Acceso LORFOL field activities, performance and reporting.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of duties that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Oversee and manage all field personnel activities from farmer recruitment to delivery of product to buyers;
- Manage weekly field team work plan and monthly activity calendar;
- Prepare monthly financial and inventory reports by depot/technician;
- Provide informed program recommendations and monthly reports on progress, issues, and areas for improvement;
- Provide monthly reports on field staff performance;
- Oversee development and deployment of trainings and coordinate directly with other extension partners;
- Ensure warehouse/depot organization, cleanliness and security protocol is followed;
- Approve all field staff payroll, advances and reimbursements;
- Coordinate and oversee all shipments to buyers;
- Oversee field offices, vehicles and equipment;
- Motivate field team to achieve or surpass performance targets;
- Research and recommend target communities based on farmer concentrations, cost-effectiveness and overall willingness of farmers to participate;
- Manage and troubleshoot field team use of technology, including rollout and ongoing use of FarmForce platform, quality testing, mobile money and weather stations;
- Recruit and recommend new hires for technician positions;
- Oversee all demonstration and trial plots;
- Other special projects or responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education, Work Experience & Languages
- Bachelor’s degree or major course work in agriculture, business or economics, or a related field; MBA or Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing teams in agribusiness, business or related fields in West Africa or other developing economies;
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business sense;
- Advanced user of MS Office Suite applications (experience with FarmForce a strong plus);
- Oral and written working proficiency in English and French.
- Passion for the cause: poverty alleviation at scale
About RMG Concept RMG Concept Ltd. (RMG) is involved in crop protection in West & Central Africa and is a leading distributor of crop inputs specifically targeting smallholder farmers. The company has also moved into purchasing crops to create market opportunities for smallholders and provides technical assistance in the field with its partners. RMG holds rights to develop, formulate and distribute the range of Syngenta, Bayer and Dow products in Côte d’Ivoire and fifteen other countries in West & Central Africa including Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sierra Leone, Togo and Senegal. In Côte d’Ivoire, RMG operates an industrial complex in Abidjan to produce liquid and granular products. RMG has always committed to sustainability and clean industries and has received the Excellence Prize of the President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire for the least polluting industrial plant in the country.
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cote d’Ivoire Operations Manager.”